|Panic in the Mailroom|
|Film||Despicable Me 2|
|Release date||December 10, 2013|
Panic in the Mailroom is a short film that is attached to the home release of Despicable Me 2.
The Minions Mike and Ken are busy at work in the mailroom. Ken, bored, decides to throw a box of expired PX-41 samples into its designated chute. The box explodes, which mutates Mike to some extent. The infected Minion mutates back forth between his normal body and his PX-41 enhanced body. This leads to trouble when three kittens end up in a box headed towards the mailroom. Ken manages to keep the kittens out of Mike's hands. Mike sneezes out the PX-41 out of his bloodstream, but the mutagen lands on the kittens, perhaps spelling certain doom for Mike and Ken.
- The kittens that appear in this short apparently were kidnapped a few months before, as shown in Training Wheels.
- This is the only short that doesn't feature any one-eyed minions.
- The short takes place in the December of 2013, as shown on the calendar behind Mike. This was also when the short was released.
- This is the only mini movie to date when an Evil Minion appears.
- The kittens are the third animal species to be mutated by PX-41 (the first one was the rabbit and the second species were Gru's Minions in Despicable Me 2).
- The font used for the title and credits is the same font used for the Angry Birds logo.
- This is one of the few mini-movies that minion(s) are mentioned by name (the other one is Orientation Day).
|Despicable Me (2010) • Despicable Me 2 (2013) • Minions (2015)|
|Despicable Me 3 (2017)|
|Minion Madness (Home Makeover • Orientation Day • Banana) (2010) • (Puppy • Panic in the Mailroom • Training Wheels) (2013) • (Binky Nelson Unpacified • Competition • Cro Minion) (2015) • Mower Minions (2016)