The Minion Shield is an item in Minion Rush. It is can be purchased once Nefario gives them the goal to purchase it. Afterwards, the item will appear randomly throughout each run. When the player's Minion runs into this item, he will be surrounded with a circular, transparent shield which protects them from one hit on any obstacle in their way. The Shield can be upgraded with the use of Banana, however, they only make the shield last longer. No upgrade allows the shield to protect the player's Minion from two or more hits.
- The Minion Shield, along with the Banana Splitter, Minion Launcher, Freeze Ray, PX-41 and Banana Vacuum is one of the few items in the game that do not require the player to tilt the screen to use.
- In Update 2.0.1. (the Jelly Lab Update), the Minion Shield must be unlocked (if not unlocked previously) on level 22.
- With the first row of upgrades the duration of the Minion Shield can be increased to a total of 22 seconds.
- The second row of upgrades adds a 250 meters bonus after each use per upgrade level.
- If the player purchases the Golden Shield upgrade, the Minion Shield will be gold instead of silver, and will survive any number of impacts until time runs out. Certain levels in the Jelly Lab require destroying a number of items with the Minion Shield, and thus can be very difficult to pass without the Golden Shield.