The Mega Minion is an item in Minion Rush. It is a large chemical bottle with a blue liquid and "XXL" on it. This liquid has the ability to turn its consumers into giant versions of themselves. After purchasing this item under the orders of Dr. Nefario, the Mega Minion will spawn randomly during runs, much like with every other item (excluding the Minion Launcher and PX-41). When the player's Minion runs into this item, they will become a giant for a few seconds. While in giant form, the player's Minion will be able to destroy obstacles that seldomly spawn in the middle of the path, as well as be able to crush other Minions in one hit.
However, the player must tilt the screen left and right in order to control their, now giant, Minion. If this item is used correctly, the player can gain a lot of Despicable Bonuses, which increase their overall score. Also, if the item is used correctly, they can also pass a Despicable Bonus goal in one try. The Mega Minion can be upgraded using Bananas to make its effects last longer. Some characters also increase the effect of the Mega Minion or increase the chance of it spawning when played as. The Mega Minion and The Moon are the only items to lack the appearance of Bananas when used. The new item, the PX-41, also makes the player invincible from damage from obstacles, much like with the Mega Minion. However, the PX-41 turns the player's Minion into an Evil Minion while the Mega Minion turns the player's Minion into a giant.
- Regardless of what is ahead of the player's path when the Mega Minion is used, the player's enlarged Minion will always be transported to a straight path with obstacles in the middle and several Minions screaming and running away from him.
- The Mega Minion, along with the Fluffy Unicorn, Gru's Rocket and The Moon, occasionally will spawn right in front of an obstacle (due to the fact that they warp the player to a minigame, unlike other items). Therefore, if the player misses these items, it will result in crashing into the obstacle behind it and failing the run.
- For some reason, when using the Mega Minion in Downtown, the camera will be slightly zoomed out on the player's Minion. This only happens in Downtown.
- El Macho's Lair and Minion Beach are the only two locations in Minion Rush whose Minions sport a completely different design while using the Mega Minion (Evil Minions in El Macho's Lair and Minions in swimsuits at Minion Beach).
- In Update 2.0.1. (the Jelly Lab Update), the Mega Minion must be unlocked (if not unlocked previously) on level 16.
- In Minions (film), Kevin turns into a Mega Minion by breaking into Herb's laboratory and tampering with Herb's machine to destroy Scarlett Overkill's castle and rampages across London to stop Scarlett and Herb from blowing up Stuart, Bob, and the other Minions by dousing the fuse used to detonate the explosives used by Scarlett to try to kill the Minions, then swallowing up the bottom half of Scarlett's armored coronation dress (which contains a lava cannon), then grabbing onto Scarlett's skirt as she flies away and with the lava cannon still inside him, resulting in an explosion in which they are seemingly killed, but Kevin survives (wearing only his underwear) only to shrink back down to normal size and parachutes away to safety using his still-huge overalls as a parachute.
- With the first row of upgrades the duration of the Mega Minion can be increased to a total of 24 seconds.
- The second row of upgrades adds a Despicable Score Multiplier bonus of 1x per upgrade level after each use.