By unlocking and using power-ups, minions can have better abilities.
- Golden Banana
- Golden Shield
- Freeze Ray
- Banana Vacuum
- Banana Splitter
- Minion Shield
- Minion Launcher
- Gru's Rocket
- Fluffy Unicorn
- Mega Minion
Props are some special power-ups that are only available in certain locations, and they can be attained in special missions. If the player has no prop, they can buy one with tokens/bananas when playing. When using props, players can get more special items, bananas, and multipliers when participating special mission, and they can find three props for using during the run. After the mission, certain props are still available in those locations once had been held the special mission, which can still be used to gain bananas and multipliers.
The gadgets used in Minion Races are:
- Defensive gadgets
- Offensive gadgets
By using following currencies, players can update power-ups, make minions revive, or unlock certain costumes/minions in the game.
- Bapples (No longer exist in Jelly Lab Update)
- Stars (Replaced the Bapples for a limited time, returned in each special missions after April Fool's Prank mission, temporarily)
- Prize Pods
- Red Crosses
- Fever Mode
- Jump x2 (each jump is counted twice)
- Slide x2 (each roll is counted twice)
- Despicable Action x2 (each Despicable Action is counted twice)
- Pickups x2 (each item picked up is counted twice)
- Banana x2 (each Banana picked up is counted twice)
- Uses x2 (each use of a slide is counted twice)
- Battles x2 (each defeated boss is counted as defeated twice)
- Seconds x2 (each second in a timer is counted twice)
- Meters x2 (each meter counted while running is counted twice)
Sometimes, perks of "x3", "x4", or even "x6" are also rarely available.