Bob as seen in Minions.
|Eye color||One green, and one brown|
King of England/Judge (8 hours, formerly)
|Appearances|| Despicable Me 2|
Minions Oscars Segment 2016
|Voiced by||Pierre Coffin|
Bob is a short and bald minion with multi-colored eyes (green and brown). He often carries around a teddy bear that he owns called Tim, which is brown with yellow buttoned eyes.
Bob is a minion who is more childish and immature than most of the other minions. He is described as a "Little Brother" who finds love in anything and everything, including a rat (who he named Poochy) he found in a sewer in the Minions film. He also enjoys bedtime stories and playing with his favorite stuffed teddy bear, Tim.
Despicable Me 2
Bob was the only minion interested in Kevin's journey, after begging him he is able to join. On the way to their destination, Kevin carried him sometimes. Bob grew hungry halfway and even tries to eat Kevin with Stuart, who has a hallucination that the minions being speaking bananas.
In London, he is given a Stretch Suit by Herb Overkill to steal Queen Elizabeth II's crown. He later wields Arthur Pendragon's sword in the stone (with the help of the stretch suit), Elizabeth gets abdicated and Bob is crowned as the new King of England. (his speech in Buckingham Palace can be seen in here). Although later Scarlet arrives and Bob abdicates in favor of her. Nevertheless, she sends him with Kevin and Stuart to be tortured. After escaping the torture room, the trio makes it to Scarlet's coronation at Westminster Abbey, yet by accident Stuart and Bob drop a chandelier over her; after hiding himself from the chase from other various villains, Bob gets fooled and captured by Frankie Fishlips.
The next day, Bob and Stuart are tied up to a pile of explosives, ready to be set by the Overkills, but Kevin breaks in and saves them; after seeming Kevin has "died", Bob is the first one to mourn his "death".
At the end of the movie, Queen Elizabeth thanks Bob for being a king and rewards him with a tiny crown for his teddy bear Tim and hugs her in return, he later gives said crown to Scarlet in pity, and bids goodbye to her, as he joins alongside the Minion tribe chasing Felonius Gru.
Appearances in Other Media
Bob is a playable character in Minions Paradise. He can be unlocked and gain new story when the player has finished enough number of party supplies, and still, Phil need to help Bob, including building bridges to a new island.
After being helped, Bob still stays in certain areas that hasn't cleaned up yet, and when player is able to access every available places to expand on the island, Bob then still be on the island but becomes an unplayable character.
Check out this page's gallery!
- Bob is currently the only minion shown to be heterochromic and bald.
- Writer Brian Lynch has added the fact Bob is heterochromic because movie director Pierre Coffin is a huge fan of English singer David Bowie, who had two different eyes.
- Hence, Bob is the currently only known minion to have an eye color (green) while the eyes of other normal minions are all brown; though Evil Minions do have purple eyes.
- Bob is currently the shortest known minion, while the former shortest minion was Stuart.
- Bob is the only minion known to have become king at some point.
- He is also the only minion to have become a court judge.
- Bob bears some resemblance to Agnes Gru, which is why he is given a major role in Minions, along with Kevin and Stuart.
- He was named Bob after this name being short for Robert, making reference to his height.
|Minions • Evil Minions|
|Bob • Carl (Despicable Me • Despicable Me 2) • Chris • Dave • Donnie • Eric • Henry • Jerry (Despicable Me • Despicable Me 2) • John • Ken • Kevin (Despicable Me • Despicable Me 2/Minions) • Lance • Mark • Mel • Mike • Norbert • Phil (Despicable Me • Despicable Me 2) • Stuart • Tim (Despicable Me • Despicable Me 2) • Tom (Despicable Me 2 • Minions) • Tony|
|Minion Rush • Minions Paradise|